We are glad you’re here. If you’ve gotten here, you are probably a concerned parent, neighbor, or future student.
Why New In ’22?
Did you know that:
- Towson High School was built in 1949, making it one of the oldest schools in the county.
- It was last renovated in 1996, and the renovation was not adequately funded.
- It is currently at 120% capacity, and projected to be at 137% capacity within the next five years.
- THS was ranked the third-worst high school physical structure by Baltimore County’s own 2015 assessment.
- Of the 5 high schools at the bottom of the list, 4 are slated for renovations. THS is not one of them.
And most importantly, and the primary reason for our group:
- There are currently no plans for BCPS to address the known inadequacies of Towson High School.
We need to move together quickly to begin the process of fighting for Planning and Design money so Towson is able to plan for improvements. We can’t hope to get a new school if we can’t even get a plan developed.
Here you will find documents/links relevant to BCPS and the Board of Education. Planning, projection, and funding documents that are good to review are here.
- Students Count 2016 – Enrollment and projections report from BCPS.
- Why THS Is Next – One page handout on why THS should be next on the county’s list.
- BCPS Property Reports (click the Property tab) – Here are several reports exemplifying the many challenges facing BCPS
- BCPS Construction Reports (Click the Construction tab) – Compare THS to other BCPS schools
- Check out THS’s assessment in the 2014 BCPS Systemwide Physical Facilities Assesssment (pg 157) note: this pdf file is large (162mb) and make take awhile to download from bcps website
- Here’s just THS’s page 157 (pdf)
- The Planning Process – How and when the public can be involved in the planning process.